What is your policy on animal testing?
- As part of our passion for positive energy in life our products and the ingredients we use are cruelty free and not tested on animals. evie products are thoroughly 'Tested on People for People'.
Do you provide online shopping and international delivery options?
- Yes, you can find our online distributors, who provide international shipping, on our website under ‘Shop’. For any inquiries please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (852) 3622-2683.
Are your products safe for sensitive skin?
- Many of our sensitive skin clients are delighted to find that their skin responds very well to the pure ingredients in our natural and organic personal care formulations. We would like to make special note that skin can be sensitive to natural as well as harsh chemical ingredients, just as some people are allergic to flower essences such as rose or food such as peanuts.
If your skin is sensitive we would strongly suggest that you do a patch test by applying some of the product on the inside of your wrist to test your skin's reaction, before applying to your face or neck areas. If you have any adverse reaction stop use of the product immediately and contact your medical professional.
Is your packaging recyclable?
- It is important to us to be gentle to Planet Earth. We formulate our products with ingredients that are environmentally friendly, and use recycled and recyclable packaging wherever possible.
How safe are the ingredients you use?
- Our formulas represent nature at its best. evie products are free from synthetic colours, fragrances, SLS surfactants, parabens, petrochemicals and other harsh chemicals. Our products are lovingly formulated by qualified aromatherapists using certified organic essential oils and the finest natural ingredients from all around the world to deliver extraordinary, long lasting results. We also have our own line of certified organic products.
What is the best way to apply the Hair Cleanser? I find it doesn't foam easily like other shampoos, so I end up using much more than my usual shampoo.
- We usually use 2 pumps of Hair cleanser for short to medium length hair, maximum 3-4 pumps for longer hair.
Our Hair Cleanser does not foam as easily as other hair care products because it does not contain the harsh chemical foaming ingredient SLS (note: evie products are all SLS free). While SLS gives you the wonderful lather we are all used to, studies show it causes damage to the skin and eyes, and has been linked to hair loss and cancer. SLS started as an industrial degreasant and garage floor cleaner before being picked up and now is a commonly used ingredient by the personal care product industry for cleansers, including hair care, face and body cleansers, and even toothpaste.
Without SLS, cleansing products may be a bit more difficult to apply, especially hair care. There is a simple, easy way around it - water! And lots of it. All you have to do to not miss the foam is to thoroughly wet your hair before applying the shampoo. It's not more product, although that can help, it's more water!
With strong chemical foaming agents, all you have to do is wet the top of your hair and apply the shampoo. The foaming agent does the rest of it for you. For SLS-free products, there is a quick one-step work-around - run your fingers through your hair and wet the hair and scalp from top to ends like you usually do when you shampoo and rinse BEFORE applying the shampoo. Then apply the shampoo to both palms and run your fingers throughout your hair and massage scalp to spread the product and shampoo (don't just apply to the top of the scalp). For longer hair, lift the ends of your hair up so to make sure your roots/scalp/ends of hair are thoroughly wet.
It sounds like a lot of work but it's not - really it's just adding the one step of really wetting my hair and scalp all over and under before applying the Hair Cleanser. And it works fabulously!
For those of you who like to wash your hair twice each time, by the second time you should be able to shampoo easily with the Hair Cleanser since you've already thoroughly wet your hair and scalp.